What Defines A Luxury Condo?
There are condos. And then there are luxury condos.
The latter's name says it all: it's about an upgraded quality of living, making it simpler and more peaceful than ever. It's about offering you the amenities that you've always wanted and having them at a time that suits you best. Essentially, a luxury condo is a high-end home that includes everything you could ever want or need.
But is that all it is?
Let's take a deeper look at what defines a luxury condo, highlighting its pros and cons and why you should buy one!
What is a Luxury Condo?
As we mentioned above, a luxury condo is a high-end living establishment that offers you a wealth of amenities that make your life easier, more peaceful and enjoyable. It's about catering to your needs and your wants while ensuring you're comfortable at all times.
And that is where the clear distinction between regular condos and luxury condos stands out.
Regular condos offer you minimal amenities and basic comforts. On the other hand, luxury condos go above and beyond in terms of their amenities and support. They offer fitness classes, gym facilities, spacious common rooms with BBQ features and patio furniture, game rooms, and of course, high-end security systems.
Then there's, of course, the location. Luxury condos are recognized for being close to main attractions or close to Downtown areas, making them ideal for professionals wanting to live close to work. Some options are more remote, gated communities, offering an escapist feel to nature, next to beautiful walking, hiking trails, and bike paths.
Some luxury condos are even made for specific people in mind. Take, for example, The Views, based in Calgary, Canada. It's designed for retirees and downsizers who wish to enjoy all the comforts of their lifestyle within a supportive community that offers incredible amenities.
Ultimately, it's down to what you want with luxury condos - and that's the clear definition!
The Pros & Cons of Luxury Condos
There are both advantages and disadvantages to buying and owning a luxury condo. Let's take a look at each of these below:
Pros of a Luxury Condo
- Amenities - We mentioned the beauty of amenities above, so you should expect to access world-class in-house amenities when living at these establishments.
- Spacious - You'll get an abundance of space in your luxury condo, allowing you to do what you want with it. Add new furniture, upgrade your style - do what you want with it, you now have the space for it!
- High-Quality Builds - The materials, construction and development of luxury condos are on the high-end of the scale, ensuring that you're getting the best value in terms of the market. You're paying for quality, remember.
- Well-Maintained & Upgraded Often - Everything in your condo, and the building, will be upgraded and maintained at all times. It's part of the condo fee and why many people stick around; they know that all their maintenance is covered.
The Cons of a Luxury Condo
- More Expensive - No shocks here: luxury condos are more expensive to purchase and have higher condo fees due to the maintenance and amenities.
- Difficult to Personalize - There are certain limits to what you can do to the condo, depending on the rules and regulations of the building and condo board. This is typical of most condos, but it's just a slight downer with luxury condos.
- Higher Demand - Luxury condos are always in demand, which means you're battling for the space. That means you might end up paying more for it. When the opportunity arises, get in quick!
Why Buy a Luxury Condo
The question is: why wouldn't you buy a luxury condo?
You'll get everything you ever wanted and ensure that you're well taken care of when it comes to maintenance and support. Your property will have the latest decor and appliances and additional space to create your own layout while having the city's best views or natural areas. More so, luxury condos are private and secure, so you'll always be safe and free to do as you please.
It's everything you need and wants in one place. While the price might be steeper than other regular condos, you'll get way more for it. When the opportunity presents itself - whether you're looking to retire in style or want to live closer to work - we recommend taking the leap and getting yourself a luxury condo.